Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Almost a year.....

Two months to go I'm going to finish my first year as a LSU Phd candidate student. I cannot imagine that I managed to pass all my courses with flying seven colors. I also passed my qualifying exam and the result I need to take more & specific classes to upgrade my knowledge in ecology, population genetic and bird study. Before I proceed to tell more about my life, I wanna said that I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MY BLOG FOR ALMOST THREE WEEKS. I was busy with my all exams. Thanks for understanding me. Cheers...1 ABITA please to chill me out!!!!

I still remember the sacred date August 13, 2009, the day I set my foot on the Land of Freedom at Newark Airport, New Jersey. Felling lonely, nervous & scared made me felt like a timid lady. But, I was determined to proceed with my ambitions to get a Phd scroll from an American University as well as knowledge that will be useful for my future profession as a lecturer in one of the local IPTA in Malaysia. Never look back & now almost 10 months, I'm enjoying myself in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana. To tell the truth, my first 4months, I have a hard time to adjust myself with the USA education system which required me to take some courses. Everything were in English & my head was almost EXPLODED to process all knowledge that I have learned. Once I got tired, I just cried alone in my bedroom & sometime I just burst-ed in front of my friends in office. Luckily they were understanding & tried to make me happy. I am glad I make friend with them. All of them are friendly. Even, the academician staff treated me as their own daughter, sister & friend. Feel like I have a BIG FAMILY in my own University. My advisor did not want to see me sad again & he asked me to go back to Kuching for a while spending Christmas with my family. Well, the short winter break in Kuching was a good medicine for my HOMESICKNESS.

After the winter break, I felt much better & ready for Spring Semester. I LOVE SPRING semester. Flowers were blooming everywhere either on trees, on bushes, on grass, along the road, in flower pots or in the ponds. The Baton Rouge was fulled with colorful flowers & grasses started changing from dead yellow to wakening green color. What a spectacular creation made by God. Back to my study, well all courses that I took were really hard as my previous courses (Fall 2009). I did not get enough sleeping just to finish my assignment & project. NO PAIN NO GAIN......Now, I have done all & so eager to go back home to Kuching...Thinking of KOLOK MEE now!!!!

To make my life more interesting within 10months in the USA, I did join many activities for the first time...1. First time Halloween; 2. First time Thanksgiving; 3. First time Crawfish party......and many more. LOVE my life so much now......

My first Turkey

LSU Big Christmas Tree

My first LSU Museum Christmas party

My first SNOW.....

My first rollerskate rock.....

My first St. Patrick Day

My first SPRING on the ROCK....

My first craw fish.....



AND MANY FIRST TIME FOR NEXT FALL 2010!!!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm...i wish i can do the same..

gus said...

me too... enjoy it to the fullest!